Monday, May 11, 2009

Famous Peoples' Thoughts on Philadelphia


Check Out Why These Celebrities LOVE Philadelphia!

Always have to start with Philadelphia's favorite...YO ROCKO!!!

"Philadelphia's been like a real safe haven for me. The reason I'm here today is because of Philadelphia. They just backed the film. It was a real perfect blend of the character, which really represented the people of Philadelphia."

- Sylvester Stallone, Writer/Star "Rocky"


"They read their sports pages, know their statistics and either root like hell or boo our butts off. I love it. Give me vocal fans, pro or con, over the tourist types who show up in Houston or Montreal and just sit there."

- Mike Schmidt, Hall of Fame third baseman for the Philadelphia Phillies


"I'll tell you, I love Philadelphia. I have a lot of love and loyalty for the place."

"I feel very at home here. Once you put on the Eagles uniform, as long as you do them proud and give your all, as long as you don't pull a T.O., they're going to love you forever."

- Mark Wahlberg, star of "Invincible"


"I love Philadelphia. I was shocked at what a great city this is. For me, it is the cat's pajamas. I love everything about it. I love where I live. I love the people. I have been met with such kindness and affection here."

- George Dzundza, Actor


"I love Philadelphia because they have the best cheesesteaks and pretzels and it’s a City of Brotherly Love. I always kept my home in Philadelphia because Philadelphia keeps me grounded. It’s like I know who I am. I just love Philadelphia. Anyone that doesn’t love Philadelphia, check yourself before you wreck yourself.”

-Patti LaBelle, R&B and Soul singer/songwriter


"Nothing beats Philadelphia in the summertime."

- Will Smith, Philadelphia native


"Philadelphia has a vibe - it doesn't feel like Boston or New York. There are a tremendous amount of looks you can get. You have a downtown that feels like an urban center, and you're not gonna find as many diverse working-class neighborhoods [in other places.]"

- Kevin Bacon, Philadelphia native, Need we say more?


"People are looking to make films cheaper on the East Coast. We could get the benefit of being so close to New York. I bet Philadelphia could be this giant source of film production."

- M. Night Shyamalan, Writer/Director


"What isn't there to like about Philly? I love the down to earth people, the great food and city vibe of Old City, Rittenhouse, and Manayunk, the great arts and culture, and the awesome shopping on Walnut Street... And who could forget the greatest sports teams like the Phils, Flyers, Sixers, and Eagles…"

-Helene Eksterowicz, Winner on reality TV show "The Bachelor"


"Philly just looks different. There's a history there that's still apparent."

- Nan Bernstein, Producer "Hack"


"Philadelphia really intrigued me because architecturally it's really interesting. It's a very nice mélange of the beautiful and the bizarre."

- Terry Gilliam, Director "Twelve Monkeys"


"I love Philly because it's such a great mix of LA and NY - two places I love. There is so much to do here, from the museums to the art to the history to the clubs to the cheesesteaks to the sports…Everything is right here and its home."

- Gervarse Paterson, Philadelphia native and contestant on "Survivor: Borneo"


"Philadelphia freedom took me knee-high to a man / Yeah gave me peace of mind my daddy never had / Oh philadelphia freedom shine on me, I love you… / Philadelphia freedom I love you, yes I do."

- Elton John, Lyrics to "Philadelphia Freedom"

comments

0 Responses to "Famous Peoples' Thoughts on Philadelphia"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009-2013 Its Just Philly. All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates